Monday, October 22, 2007

Celebrating Births

We are thrilled to announce the arrival of Joseph Jordan Lacey this morning!! Joey is our third nephew, second son of my (Megan's) brother Scott and Sarah. Today was Charlie's half birthday, so they are exactly 2.5 years apart.
Yes, my mom has four grandsons (no granddaughters), Sarah's mom has four grandsons (no granddaughters) and Anthony's mom has three grandsons (one step-granddaughter); boys, boys everywhere . . . I am really excited to get to know Joey; it turns out that I love being with little guys! Joey is healthy and weighed in at 8.5 pounds and 20.5 inches, but Sarah said it was a peaceful delivery in the middle of the night.
Paul, Micah and I talked about celebrating cousin Joey's arrival while we played in the leaves today.



Paul has been a feeling sick the past couple of days, so Micah decided that laughter would be the best medicine!We've had a lot of practice celebrating birthdays lately! Thanks again, Carly, for these great pictures of Nate's party.I figure that I've probably unknowingly included an unflattering photo of someone on our blog, so I'm displaying that I apparently took Nate's birthday party too seriously! Likewise, Micah focuses intently on making a candy necklace.I think Micah and Molly Aldrich look alike, including their little teeth that are in mouths that are ready for big teeth (I'd bet that our two families will be able to avoid orthodontics bills by having big mouths!) Paul's look-alike, Liam Chase, is in the background. The irony was that Paul got icing on his face in the effort to keep his hands clean! At Adam's birthday party, Paul got to spend time with Camille Martin, but his question was, "Do I have to let her pull my drooly shirt off?"If you are wondering what happens when you put a bunch of math professors' children together, here is some documentation. Paul (and the birthday boy not pictured) are breaking the mold.Micah is getting Paul and Camille to play together by reading to them.
















Adam's dad, Len, drew the parallel between these JMU Math prof kids and the "Rat Pack!"
Micah's preschool class went on a beautiful fall hike -- can you find him?
Micah's preschool class had fun on the playground, too.
Since Micah and I love to hike and Paul seems to love being on my back, we went for a hike with Laura, Peyton, my mom, and SEVEN boys under four years old! Believe it or not, it was a great excursion!
This Saturday, we were able to go apple picking with SOOO many of our friends! We enjoyed spending time with my mom, (taking the photo) the Warnes, the Smethhursts, the Johnstons and some new friends.

No comments: