
Here are some more photos of Micah's fourth birthday from my mom. Notice how my brother is passing on his physics
talent through the decorative applications of static electricity to his son Charlie.

If this blog will eventually be the boys' baby books, I've got to include evidence of my love for Micah demonstrated in an airplane cake! He spent days looking through the cake-shapes cookbook my mom said I used to pour over. Let's not call this cake
talent.
By now, I'm sure Joey looks so different than he did 6 weeks ago! I miss my littlest nephew. I'm thinking that I'll start a "count down to the Lake" for my --I mean Micah's-- benefit as we look forward to Great Grandpa Smith's 90
th birthday. We need the Snyder's
talent to craft a creative movie or something in preparation for time with the WHOLE Smith family at the Lake! Can I still play the role of Dick Goddard?
Hee hee.
"Whack it" calls Micah, while Charlie and Paul display their pinata-swinging talent.
We had our first annual block party last weekend! It was SO great to get to know more of our neighbors, since it included a couple of other streets, too. We have a great neighborhood, obviously filled with children!!
Paul and Micah enjoyed food and Ruby's entertaining talent!
Just in case if I have a daughter-in-law someday who thinks that I was a talented mom, I'll have this incriminating evidence. In the process of cutting out Paul's morning nap, I once unknowingly allowed the poor kid to fall asleep on the kitchen floor while I helped Micah write "thank you" notes to his talented teachers for the last day of school picnic.

Our family has an announcement to make! Hee hee -- we had baby Miriam come play with us for an afternoon while her parents, our talented new friends from church, were moving.

Hey babies! Look at what a
talented babysitter Micah is!

Grandma
Bev came to visit on Saturday and the boys were THRILLED! We got to see the
talent of
JMU students in a children's play. Yes, Paul is developing the
talent of sitting still! Hooray!

God's talent is the most astonishing of all -- to create such beautiful flowers and precious boys.
Of course, in writing this blog, I am reminded of Matthew 25, containing the parable of the talents. I understand that a talent is a denomination of money in that context, but Jesus' words still apply to our concept of talent. God has entrusted me and I want to hear Him say, "'Well done, good and faithful servant.You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master." (Matthew 25:21)
Check back tomorrow for a photo of Anthony's new-found creative talent; he built a beautiful waterfall!!! (It's too dark to take a photo of it right now.)
1 comment:
Megan - I'm just getting around to checking out your blog after many months and you guys look like you're having such a good summer already! When I read your comment about Dick Goddard it made me laugh so much! I am counting down the days to the lake too - Bill is just as excited as I am!! :)
Post a Comment