
We became a clown family to celebrate Micah's 5th birthday! I imagine I'll be able to post better photos of the party as I receive them, but as I'm in my 3rd trimester, I am trying to stay on top of things!

We can always count on Drew and Peyton to be good sports and join in on the silliness!

Noah is showing off his mom's cheek artistry, while Micah and two of his friends from Community Preschool (Abby and Ava Grace) display the latest in clown fashion.

The whole reason for the clown theme was because Micah chose to have me make this clown cake and he wanted to be silly and funny. I'm really glad that he had a day of silliness, since he is the same kid who takes reading so seriously that his "sight words" include pharmacy, precipitation, and kindergarten. He also seriously took his calculator ("My favorite toy") to school for show and tell on Wednesday; while he was excitedly showing his friends how 7+7=14, his teacher said, are you sure you are turning 5, Micah?

We kept to the idea of inviting the number of friends equaling his age, but invited their families as well. Line up: Paul, Abby (preschool), Micah, Sylvan (Math department/music class), Noah (church), and Ava Grace (preschool); Owen (preschool) couldn't come. I think making a pinata together is becoming another fun pre-birthday tradition!

Yes, the silliness Micah hoped for came out! The children's jokes and mimes (aka charades)were hilarious and Micah and Paul both displayed their fearlessness on the stage! As seen in the video below, the children made puppets; Micah was able to lead part of a clown song (even though he had planned some elaborate puppet show storyline), while chubby-handed Paul's puppet seemed to lead the clown dance.
Micah's Fifth Symphony
Here are the photos of Micah's party from my mom:
No comments:
Post a Comment