Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Smile Comparison

Sam is three months old! Our littlest boy's fourth trimester is over. As many of you know, I would prefer to carry them in utero for those additional three months; however, I have enjoyed newborn Samuel, largely because he seems to smile more than cry. When he does cry, however, I've learned this neat new strategy for interpreting it -- the Dunstan Baby Language. "Neh" = I'm hungry; "Eh" = I need to burp; "Owh" = I'm tired; "Eairh" = I have gas; "Heh" = I am uncomfortable (needing a diaper change.) Sam is enough of a textbook baby that even Micah is interpreting Sam's needs!
Paul usually figures that Sam's cries mean "I want a toy, please." "I want Paul to sing and talk to me." or "I want mom to give me milk so that she can read Paul a story."
Sometimes Sam yawns (especially since he hasn't been sleeping very well at night for the last week. Grr.) . . .
but lots of the time, Sam is smiling. So, it is time for some Tongen boys' smile comparisons.
Micah smiling with mom.
Paul smiling with Micah at 11 weeks old.
Sam smiling with Paul at 11 weeks old.
Micah smiling solo.
Paul smiling solo at 11 weeks old.
Sam smiling solo at 11 weeks old.
Micah's goofy grin at 11 weeks old.
Paul's goofy grin at 11 weeks old.
Sam's goofy grin at 11 weeks old.
Feel free to vote about how the smiles compare! Just click "add a comment."

1 comment:

Luke Sjogren said...

I'm going to have to go with Paul on this one... Love you all!