Sunday, March 07, 2010

December 2009

December seems like a long time ago. Hopefully I'll catch up on the blog even before our math book project is done filling my evening computer time.
Here is our annual "hug the snowman" photo. Little did we know that we would have two BIG snows after that day!
Instead of decorating for Christmas this year, we had precious family times during December, including a picnic in front of the fire.
I have a suspicion that this experience won't be the only time Paul will need to learn a lesson like "don't push your head into a place that will be hard to get it back out" the hard way.
Sam in December, part 1.
Sam in December, part 2
Benefit # 84 of living downtown: We walked to Heather's Christmas party during the big snow!
Micah is digging out the first of two igloos this winter.
We still got to go wish Grandma Bev a happy birthday!
Happy Birthday to Grandma Bev, continued.
Micah and Paul both enjoy Legos -- Micah prefers to make things by following the instructions, while Paul typically creates any mode of transportation for mini-figures. For now, immobile Sam can sit and watch while trying to put something much larger into his mouth.
We went to Joletta and Doug's home for Christmastime. Paul is trying to stand JUST like Grandpa Doug as he examines the train.
Grandma Jo's house is fun, huh, Sam?
At Grandma and Grandpa's Christmas Eve Party, Paul discovered that if he has three little books he can work the room and get nearly each person to read one of the books to him. Aunt Andrea was his first stop for a cuddle and a story!
At some point, Paul enticed Amy to humor him for one story, then on to Papa Jay...
Micah was most excited about getting toothpaste on Christmas morning. After he realized that people thought it was funny to be so thankful for toothpaste, he stuck with that answer to "what was your favorite gift you got for Christmas?"
I actually think Micah truly enjoyed giving gifts more than receiving them, especially since he got to pick out and purchase gifts with good behavior currency he earned at school.
However, Micah sure was thrilled when he realized that his jersey was an Arizona Cardinals one! Does it look like Heines (Jack) Ward, Larry (Micah) Fitzgerald and Adrian (Paul) Peterson joined us for Christmas?
How does MY jersey look, Grandma Jo?
So this is why Paul calls this home "Chloe's house."
"Thanks for the new diaper, dad! I'll get a lot of good use out of it!"
Ahhh. A moment of concentration.
The wonders of Skype -- we wish you a merry Christmas, Papa!
I love how this picture captures the multi-directional joy of Paul.
I was so thankful to be able to go to "home" to Wooster for a day to have a tea party at the Mathurs' home. I love Sue, Arun and their family.
Micah and Sophia enjoyed each other's company.
Paul chose Kevin. Maybe next time, Cashel!
Aunt Elaine is one of the only people whom I actually believe when she says, "You're always welcome." Thank you, Aunt Elaine.
Here's a zoom in of the same setting. Don't miss the sweet hands!
When we went back to "Chloe's house" we had fun sledding. I'm so thankful that our three boys get to have so much fun with their dad.
Anthony is, after all, beloved by kids. We got to spend a great day with the Burens. Notice how Tessa is trying to squat just like Anthony. Here we are watching the incline.
I imagine that Anthony will use this photo sometime to remind the boys of their Pittsburgh heritage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice blog with nice picture of kids enjoying the Christmas celebration. It was nice going through your blog. Ihampers.co.uk