Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ordinary or Extraordinary?

My ordinary life is actually quite extraordinary.
Ordinarily, we walk Paul to and from preschool. 
Ordinarily, Micah gets to play with his friends (like Alexander).
Ordinarily, Paul gets to learn at preschool
and I bring a snack to share with his friends while spending the morning with them about once per month.
Ordinarily, Paul shows his toothy smile.
Ordinarily, Samuel also finds ways to make me smile.
Ordinarily, we have fun at the Discover More Museum, even on elephant appreciation day.
Ordinarily, life is filled with tennis balls, soccer spectator chairs, props for church functions, and meals for families with new babies and co-op meals. 
Ordinarily, we have good times as a family at JMU football games in the new stadium. (Oops! I accidentally didn't use this photo for our Christmas card, so enjoy it here.)
Ordinarily, I get to have only brief conversations with my friends (like Peyton and Laura). 
Even with my ordinary life being so extraordinary, sometimes it is great to break out of the ordinary (with the help of my extraordinary husband.)
Thankfully, this extraordinary place is where Peyton and I get to live.
Extraordinarily refreshing time away
An extraordinary, rigorous hike up Three Ridges along the Appalachian Trail
This bunk-mate wasn't as extraordinary as the rattlesnake last spring, but reminds me that often ordinary is preferable.
Extraordinary friends in an extraordinary setting
Here's some foreshadowing:  The whole next month (October) was extraordinary!

No comments: