After pulling our kids out of school a couple of weeks
early, we went to Valladolid on our way to San Sebastián. If Sam had his way, he would have stayed at the building behind him to train to be a knight.
The peacocks (I prefer “pavo real” = real turkey) lured Sam away from his caballero career goals.
Handsome guys strutting their stuff.
San Sebastian is a beautiful town on the north coast.We had some really happy boys to be at the beach.
The engineers were hard at work late into the day.
Happy First Day of Summer Vacation!
Swinging into the sunset is a nice way to get the summer started.
The next day, we drove through southern France.
We didn’t get to eat delicious French food, because their restaurants surprised us by being open at very different times than Spanish ones.
The beautiful Pyrenees Mountains!
The boys might tell you that they have been to 10 countries. It is true: USA, Mexico, Canada, Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, and Andorra.
We hiked multiple times per day in Andorra.
Some hikes were cut short by impassable waterfalls.
I was still quite allergic to that part of the world, so I was hiding my red, swollen eyes.
I still enjoyed time with my family in God’s beautiful creation.
Yes, we were hiking in the Pyrenees Mountains.
We praised God together here.
This is my dream home, aside from the one I got to come home to two weeks ago!
Waterfall!
No, we were not in Colorado.
Just another photo of the Tongen boys playing on a playground in a spectacular location
Numerous times on hikes, I reminded Sam not to run. He has not broken anything yet.
It was a great treat to have Anthony take a break from work with us before he jumped back into research projects, administration, mentoring students, and other math stuff our first day back in the USA.
Our boys were also refreshed by time in wide open spaces in Andorra.
No comments:
Post a Comment