Thursday, February 14, 2008

Videos for Valentines

People often ask who Paul looks like, and maybe I'll have to say that friends Paul William and Liam (William) have more in common than their name! They've actually looked alike their WHOLE (long) lives so far...
These two photos were when Liam and his parents (Matthew and Carly) were here for the Super Bowl -- we had such a fun time with our home group from church.
Here's a glimpse into my annual effort to teach our boys about formal dining, complete with the beautiful flowers that Anthony's dad sweetly sent me for Valentine's Day. I guess I didn't mention the part of etiquette that says you don't put your dirty sock on your mom's fine silver!
A Valentines Day post wouldn't be complete without some singing telegrams!

I kept thinking that I'd get an even better video of Micah singing Christmas carols (he knew SO many and Paul is even humming along now that his big brother has continued to sing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" into February.) It is hard to beat the contrast of the cool college-dude hat with a sweet "Silent Night!" Anthony thinks I need to sit down with Micah at some point and have a talk about what a "round, yon mergent" is.

In this instance back in November, however, Micah managed to match his twang accent with his made up Country-Western Ballad about a very poor man who ate sugar and honey and his friends and brother thought he was funny. The most flabergasting part for me was that we never listen to Country music upon which he might have based this ode (to his funny dad?)

Speaking of Anthony's humor, he gave a talk last semester about Mary's Magnificat (when she sings about God's blessings of making her the mother of Jesus). The night before, he gave his talk to me and I told him that Micah daily provides an example of being so excited that he breaks into song. In this case, he is thrilled that all of the cowboys are good guys after all.

I figure we will joke for years about how one of Paul's first words was "Buckeye!" Thanks to Aunt Elaine for providing OSU-literacy for our boys!

2 comments:

carlymay said...

I love these photos of Paul and Liam!! Liam is blessed to have such a great 'big brother' to look up to:)

Anonymous said...

haha, i love paul's obligatory drum solos! good job rocking out on that guitar, michah!

-matt