Micah picked up on the whole cheering for your team atmosphere at SB2W quickly! It is just too bad that his cousin Charlie and he will be competing for opposing teams in about 4 years!
Micah and Charlie figured out how to navigate the dining hall and they had lots of other fun around camp, such as playing soccer, sailing, singing, see-sawing, and so on. This picture also captures one of my childhood heroes, Dr. Jenny Levitz and some (not purple) pancakes.
It was fun to see one another's children; here is Ned Morgans carrying Charlie. From the kids' perspective, the weekend was filled with fun things to do with lots of fun adults!

I'm borrowing Megan Frahm's sweet daughter Molly while visiting with her aunt Erin (who was one of my campers!)
How can I resist posting a picture of my brother trying to hug his wife? It was awesome to spend time with Scott, Sarah and Charlie. We were so thankful (as were at least 4 other couple-friends of ours) for grandmothers' willingness to watch the under 2 year olds so we could have fun with our spouses, older children and friends.
Can you spot me? Hint -- I'm wearing a red helmet and am completely upside down riding the screamer after finishing the ropes course. Sarah and I also rode the zipline across the lake and had fun telling the current SB2W counselors about "back in our day" when kids used to get stuck and would be resuced by canoe. Ah yes, there was a lot of "back in our day" talk . . . coming from 30 somethings!
Have I emphasized enough how very great it was to be with my friends!? It was truly Summer's Best One Weekend. (We're thinking of making family weekend a regular occurrence -- SB1W!) Since this is finally the very last post of our roadtrip, all there is left to say is: Rah, rah, rah rah rah, rah, rah, rah rah rah, rah, rah, rah rah rah yeeaaaah you readers!
Can you spot me? Hint -- I'm wearing a red helmet and am completely upside down riding the screamer after finishing the ropes course. Sarah and I also rode the zipline across the lake and had fun telling the current SB2W counselors about "back in our day" when kids used to get stuck and would be resuced by canoe. Ah yes, there was a lot of "back in our day" talk . . . coming from 30 somethings!
Have I emphasized enough how very great it was to be with my friends!? It was truly Summer's Best One Weekend. (We're thinking of making family weekend a regular occurrence -- SB1W!) Since this is finally the very last post of our roadtrip, all there is left to say is: Rah, rah, rah rah rah, rah, rah, rah rah rah, rah, rah, rah rah rah yeeaaaah you readers!
No comments:
Post a Comment