Looking back to June -- we miss our Soccer friends.
Even when the parents joked that Anthony should be the team spokesman.
We miss fiestas with friends.
Father's Day. Yes, there is an Applebee's in Colima. No, we never went.
We miss Manuel and his boys.
We miss our Instituto Adonai friends.
Micah led a recitation for Father's Day.
Paul treated his Dad great on Father's Day.
We miss fiestas with friends, part 2.
Sam chose to have a camel birthday party.
We pulled it off, but without the typical birthday boy costume according to the theme.
Since Sam's party was 2 weeks before we left Colima, friends received our hand-me-downs as party favors.
Anthony's practically personal chefs catered guisados for us.
It rained for most of the party, so most of Sam's 4-year-old friends left before the piñatas.
Who is enjoying himself more?
Can you spot Sam's preschool teachers going for candy?
Again, who is enjoying themselves more?
The suspense of "will he take the traditional bite out of the cake?" resulted in just a finger swipe taste.
I had helpers in the kitchen.
Samuel misses Maestra Maricela so much.
We miss them, too.
At one point, I decided that if I can throw a pool party outside in the rain with everyone speaking Spanish, I can do anything...
like take care of 6 children for the weekend. I miss these kids a lot.
How else do you pose in the pretty flowers?
Such a common sight -- big sister caring for Samuel, Micah caring for little sister, and Paul with his buddy.
Should I have asked them to climb down from the railing before taking the picture?
I miss these moments.
This tiny 5 year old can ride a 2 wheel bike so well!
I miss spending time with this sweet girl, too.
Since we had 6 kids around the table, we decided that we could fit one more, since we had a neighbor girl who had to beg for her food. She joined us many weekends.
Words can't express how thankful I am for these awesome friends!!!! We had a great time at Ricardo's birthday party.
Maestra Edith called these three inseparables her "Duvalin," the equivalent of Neapolitan.
Laura is one of my Bible study friends whom I miss.
Instituto Adonai did a good job with their open house.
They even got Anthony to do aerobics!
We miss Emiliano's family a lot!
Paul misses Maestra Raquel and
Teacher Erica.
Teacher Letty made Sam's year by letting him be the balloon salesman.
You can never have enough pictures of Sam with Maestra Maricela.
I miss seeing Paul take on his super-star friend Cesar on the field
and team up with Angel on defense.
Can you imagine how much I miss my adorable girlfriends!!!?
Manuel and Adriana prepared a feast for our friends to send us off.
Anthony gave a talk, in Spanish, on Math and Faith for the youth at our church. We miss Grupo Amor.
Mauricio is Mr. Photogenic.
"We are in the clouds!"
It was true.
Raspados were a good way to say goodbye to Micah's best friend.
But they slid down the Piedra Lisa one more time just for good measure (supposedly meaning we will return to Colima.)
How is this picture for a unique "selfie?" Sam is crushing an egg filled with confetti on my head.
Yes, we repacked our lives into 5 suitcases.
We miss the bakeries.
Here was the rip-stick passing on ceremony.
It doesn't seem sufficient to say that we miss our Colima friends, but we do.
2 comments:
Fueron una bendición para nosotros, aprendimos mucho de ustedes.
También les extrañamos y confío en el Señor que nos volveremos a ver.
Bendiciones para todos y un beso especial para Miqueas
I'm sure that you & your "boys" have left a lasting impression on so many lives. And I know that they
will miss your beautiful family too. Welcome home
& have a great year!
Post a Comment