Madrid -- Spain's Capital -- is beautiful. I liked it even more than I thought I would (I am not a city-girl after all.)
I wasn't allowed to take pictures from inside, but behind Paul was our boys' highlight -- the royal armory. There was armor for men, boys, horses and even dogs.Thanks, Stephanie, for displaying Paul's beloved (by others) freckles, our long-hair experiment, and his rapidly changing smile.
Her photos are just so very accurate
of our aviator
and our pensive goof-ball.
I can't imagine where Micah gets it from. (Amanda put this one on facebook as "his thinking about mathematical equations face.")
As I am sharing photos from students, Carolina shared these two from Seville.
Thanks, Carolina!
I have found that the best way to get a friend over jet-lag is to bring her to see modern art -- Picasso, Dali, etc. in a brightly lit building!
When there is down-time, Samuel finds ways to entertain the students.
Monasterio de El Escorial = spectacular.
When there are two Stephanies around, I don't need to worry about holding Sam's hand to cross the street.
We brought Penny (Lindsay for real) back to Salamanca to enjoy a spring break of feeding the ducks,
teaching me to take selfies in Plaza Mayor,
seeing Casa de las Conchas (my library)
finding graduates' victory marks,
hearing my translations of Salamanca University legends,
When Anthony and I went to Rome 8 years ago, my favorite painting in the Papal Palace was this one (also in the Salamanca Cathedral) of Joseph, Mary and Jesus stopping for a picnic lunch Mary had prepared on their way to Egypt.
The boys' school had celebrations for Saint Joseph, father's day, and their school's saint, Bonifacia, last week.
Penny did a good job of helping me notice some of the cultural differences that I don't notice after being immersed in Mexico and Spain for awhile. For instance, I am not surprised to see every High School boy gladly participating in a dance routine.
During the school's open house, I caught a glimpse of Samuel playing on the playground. He is the one in orange!
Penny, Laura and I took a day trip to Segovia.
I enjoy these two girls so very much!The photographer captures aspects of the aqueduct's impressiveness.
Impressive.
How is your electrical wiring?
Who needs Disney World
when you have a princess castle
and fun friends with whom to enjoy it?We walked back to town on a path outside of the city walls, remembering my friend's recent words on her blog about Jesus living outside of the city gate, Hebrews 13. http://www.deathforlife.com/familyblog/2014/03/16/the-blue-gate/
Penny helped me to realize that I don't notice graffiti anymore.
I have consistently been impressed by (apparently) community garden space near cities. For instance, Lisbon, Portugal, seems to be doing an amazing job of providing accessible garden space for city residents.
The grounds of the country palace in San Ildefonso are almost as gorgeous as Penny!
The Spanish kings sure knew how to choose a beautiful setting.
I find joy in the irony that I had to leave the queen's gardens quickly to get a son to soccer practice on time. It is of course all worth it, but even more so since he played a great fĂștsal game on Saturday!







No comments:
Post a Comment