In the meantime, I prepared for Lent with a peaceful afternoon visit to this convent across the street from the boys' school.
The sun has been shining more and more over the last couple of weeks here!
Samuel's class finished their unit on Mozart. He learned a lot about Mozart and his time period!
Piedad is a kind and patient teacher who has helped Sam a lot.
He is back to being equally comfortable in Spanish and English.
We went south to Andalucia with the JMU students.
In this cave in Granada, we got to enjoy dinner and a Flamenco show!
I think I have got to break out of the habit of finishing the boys' three courses as well as my own.Sam enjoyed the guitar player while he ate.
The music and dancing were impressive and intense. Micah explained to me that the greatest Flamenco guitar player of all time, Paco, had died three days prior.
Even a girl about Paul's age was able to move her feet quickly.
We had a very rainy day to visit the Alhambra palace in Granada, but our fearless leaders made the most of it!
The Moors did amazing things with fountains and plants inside their courtyards!
Sam entertains college students with funny faces while I admire the stone paths
and landscaping.
Eliana is a good sport with Sam.
We enjoyed Granada from the watchtower
while waving at students.
These windows are a great design for being able to shoot arrows.
A benefit of rain: Stephanie gave Sam a mohawk.
The interiors of the buildings at the Alhambra are amazingly detailed.
There are so many beautiful courtyards
which pictures just can't capture.
This garden puts the ornamental in Ornamental Kale.
The mosque in Córdoba (now a Cathedral) was fascinating.
Having audio radios with headsets to hear Jesús' voice can provide much entertainment!
Late dinners result in at least one sleeping kid per dinner.
The Real Alcázar in Seville is beautiful
in many ways.
Our boys can recount most of the history of Spain, including the relationships of Isabelle, Fernando, Felipe the Hermoso and many other royalty.
What a palace!
The palace in Seville was really that enjoyable.
The labyrinth was of course a highlight!
I often felt surrounded by colorful beauty in Seville.
We have decided that Sam has walked more since January than he has his entire life.
Plaza de España in Seville
I remember fondly our early-married days in front of a similar Buckingham fountain in Chicago.
I never would have dreamed that God had these kinds of blessings in store for our marriage!
"I am going to lay down here." - Sam
The boys were excited to find the bench for their "home" (Salamanca.)
No comments:
Post a Comment