While Anthony was giving a talk at Ohio State (go Buckeyes!) The boys and I went to the Franklin Park Conservatory. Micah was thrilled by getting his passport stamped in lots of different countries and the birds. I was amazed at the miniature replicas that were created from plant material and the beauty of the plants and butterflies. God is powerful. Paul excitedly pointed at the miniature trains going over our heads and the waterfalls. I hope we get to go see the real Great Wall of China someday . . . Can you say "sabbatical," Paul?
I am glad to have captured Paul's "I really want to touch something that I was told not to touch" face. Paul has been listening and obeying very well the last week! God is powerful.
We also had a great time visiting with Michael and Becky Rempe (sorry, no photos -- you'll have to refer back to the San Diego pictures with Michael) and our SB2w friend Stratton Alt. God is powerful in their lives, too.
It was also great to have a tea party with the Mathurs.
Paul's newest song is "Alive, alive . . . sing Hallelujah," which must be sung at the top of his lungs. Yes, God is powerful; Jesus is alive!
Along with the celebration of Jesus' resurrection, we had birthday cake for Micah with the McConnells. Jordan and Jacob were so sweet with Micah.
This memory is one that I don't want to forget. Micah is excited, nervous, grown-up, childlike, confident and shy all bundled up into a blissfully happy almost 4 year-old boy looking all the way down a 12-person table at his mom. Ahhh. God is powerful.
Even though I don't have a picture for this story, I have got to tell it. You see, there are often funny things that happen in my strange life in preschooldom/toddlerdom and I forget them before I write them down. Micah sometimes comes home from school and tells me that he married one of the girls -- I've actually gotten used to it. However, yesterday one of the mom's of Micah's many preschool wives told me yesterday that her daughter stopped what she was playing at home one day and told her mom that she had to go and get coffee with her mother-in-law. "Mom, I can't remember her name. Can you please look it up for me? It is Micah's mommy."
No comments:
Post a Comment