Friday, April 27, 2012

It turns out that...

 It turns out that one way to catch up on the blog is to delete half of the month of December from your camera while trying to make space on the memory card to continue videoing your sons skiing, because you thought the photos were already downloaded onto the computer. You won't get to see any documentation of Micah's December violin recital. I think the biggest thing that will not be documented photographically is Micah's Christmas party. He threw a great party and I barely helped him -- he called friends to invite them, planned snacks according to allergies, planned activities (including going to the parade 2 blocks away) and was a great host. 
This picture is of a different party -- our Home Group Christmas party. I really love these folks! You may not be able to tell that Anthony was dressed as Cuzn Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but it was funny. He wrote a limerick to go with the costume for another Christmas party which includes an annual limerick competition. 
It turns out that Samuel was very excited about giving gifts at Christmas, especially the ski helmets for his brothers.
 It turns out that Peyton's gingerbread house making tradition is incredibly fun! She has outstanding pictures of the boys with their creations on her blog.
 What a fun memory! It turns out that even still, every time Samuel sees a mint, he says, "I do that at Rye's house?"
Thanks, Aunt Sarah!

Do you think I can coin a new acronym even without being part of the texting in-crowd?
ITOT = "It turns out that" Yes, I realize that you never would need to text that phrase.

 ITOT Samuel had the awe and wonder look at Christmastime and he sat on Aunt Peggy's lap any chance he got. I have many blurry pictures to prove it.
 ITOT Sam and Paul enjoyed the Hot Wheels track almost as much as Joel did!
 ITOT Samuel's favorite gift was this backpack. ITOT the desire to be a big kid is so strong.
 ITOT the adults don't need any kids around to enjoy the new toys.
 ITOT Christmas was a great time of celebrating with family.
 ITOT the Warther Museum was as cool as Anthony and I had remembered and we have nicely sharpened knives to boot.
 ITOT it doesn't take more than a minute for our boys to pick up where they left off with Mia and Tessa.
 ITOT white boys can jump (as long as Samuel has some help from a harness.)
 Jump, Paul, jump!
 ITOT Mia, Tessa and the boys would have kept striking poses for an hour while Anthony and I got to catch up with Vince and Laurie.
 ITOT Joletta's grandsons look a lot alike!
 Has the "It turns out that" acronym gone viral yet, you think?
 ITOT Samuel adores Great-Grandpa Smith.
ITOT it is especially fun for Sam to have someone gladly play the same untie-your-shoes game over and over. Time with Aunt Elaine is treasured by Paul, too.
 Uncle Ralph and Micah get to have some conversation at Great-Grandpa Smith's house.
ITOT this was the highlight of Christmas break -- getting to watch my grandpa enjoy flying helicopters with my husband and my sons. Even though Grandpa doesn't remember this New Year's Eve day, I remember the times I watched him fly remote control planes.
 ITOT it may have been too wet to fly, but we are still thankful for the helicopter gifts from Grandpa Kenny and Grandma Sonnie!

No comments: