Paul has a lot of homework every weekday. He can read and write in Spanish already, and his pronunciation sounds outstanding to my untrained ear.
Maestra Carmen tutors us in Spanish 4 weekdays at Grupo Amor (our church.) It was her birthday, so Sam and I bought her an adorable Snow White piñata (because I knew the phrase "Blanca Nieve") for 30 pesos. (It was hard for me to only pay $2.30 for something that I usually spend weeks attempting to create before the boys' birthdays.) FYI: not everything is inexpensive here, but that was one particularly shocking price.
Some weekdays we get to see a beautiful sunset from our home. If you notice the "Se Vende" sign diagonal from us, many houses are for sale in our neighborhood, we think because they are "SO two years ago." We are very thankful to be able to be renting this modern home from really kind people.
I do laundry every weekday so that the boys' uniforms are ready for the next day. Fortunately, we have a washer and dryer. Unfortunately, it takes more than 2 hours to wash a small load (NOT including drying!) This is the view from the laundry room into the kitchen and dining room of our house. Paul just finished his homework and is headed to bed.
I have an hour to play with Samuel every weekday, during which time we often explore new places.
Most weekdays I have a list of things to find at various stores. This particular day, some of the items I was looking for were potholders, a power-strip, toilet bowl cleaner, and Mexican decorations (for the boys' classrooms.) It is September, which is the month to celebrate Mexican Independence (you can look forward to pictures of last weekend's celebration) so the whole town is beautifully decorated in green, white and red.
We have always said that we live in Colima, which is true. However, we actually live in the town of Villa de Alvarez, which is smooshed together with (how do you like my English on these weekdays after I have been thinking in simplified Spanish?) the City of Colima. Both are in the state of Colima.
On a rare weekday when the boys finished their homework early and we didn't have Spanish tutoring, we celebrated Anthony (we are starting to catch-on to the idea of celebrating everything -- please join us in having more fiestas!) He and Micah tried out the go-kart race track.We also went to the piedra park on that special weekday.
Can you tell that these boys are enjoying themselves here even on weekdays?
After the fact, (a common trend in our weekday experiences) we found out that if you slide down this volcanic rock, you will return to Colima. So, two out of the five of us will be returning for now. Then again, we all need to drive into Colima for school and work tomorrow morning. We like weekdays here, but praise God it's Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment