A few more Smith Mountain Lake pictures had to be added, like Paul and the wakeboard,
Micah getting to play Euchre,
and swimming in a rainbow.
The next day, Vacation Bible School started! I was a crew leader for these crazy boys, one of whom was fasting for Ramadan.
Samuel (on stage in orange) and the rest of us learned a lot about trusting God at VBS!
The next day, I finally got to hold Andrea's baby Mark! I didn't let him go for hours.
Sam loves his cousin
More corn to shuck with more grandparents! (It is Sonnie and Kenny who are doing the work.)
Grandparents are great! So much so in fact, that preschools here in Colima have a fiesta celebrating Grandparents during the first 2 weeks of school.
I love this picture of Mark and the women who love him.
Anthony "schooled" his dad in cornhole, but we won't mention how badly Harold beat me.
Papa and his 5 grandsons,
who love to laugh with him,
cuddle with him,
and play baseball with him.
How can this kid hit the ball without even looking?
Here is exhibit 1 of our stuff packed for the year.The next day, we got to go to Daria's house, where we are always tremendously blessed by our friends.
Meijer Gardens is so much fun!
See?
These guys helped make an apple and persimmon quilt.
Exploring a fire truck is super cool!
Right, Asher?
The kangaroos at the zoo were curious about Daria. I love having time with Susie.
Doesn't every group of boys stop to pretend to be "hobos" when they see a toy train?
I can't say how many times we thought, "How did there get to be TEN of us?" Back when it was just Anthony and Doug, there would have been no way of telling what God had in store for these two great guys.
It looks like God gave them a biker gang, if I ever saw one!
The mountian bike trails are harder up in the north, we decided.
Adorable Daria
One of Micah's projects at the museum of science and industry in Chicago
Lucas did a great job of showing us around Chicago!
He even showed us an invention that Micah plans to work on when he becomes an inventor -- an aerodynamic, solar-powered car
and the Bean.
Our Reflection #1
Our Reflection #2
How many Micah's can you see (orange shirt)?
Northwestern University -- the dads' old stomping grounds.
Beautiful VG girls!
Lake Michigan
We even got to see this house (the oldest house in Skokie) because it was our home for our first year of marriage, 12 years ago.
The next morning, we were on the plane to Mexico!
No comments:
Post a Comment