Sunday, August 24, 2008

From Lake to Lake

We are home from our month-long road trip, but before I get started blogging with the numerous pictures we took in August, here are a few leftover July photos.
I hadn't included quite enough pictures at the lake with my family, so I found a few more. (Tee hee.) Aunt Kathy is so sweet with her great nephews!
How could I resist sharing just one more picture of Jessica with the boys!? A trip to Smith Mountain Lake wouldn't have been complete without feeding the carp.
At another lake (Sherando, this time) we had a great swim with Austin, who is one of Keith's grandsons.
Micah and Paul are checking out Austin and his new little sister, Rosemary.
On another day, we came back to Sherando Lake with friends to celebrate Zeke's birthday with Noah and Ben. Now you tell me -- does Micah get an Olympic medal for making a muscle when his ribs are showing?To lead up to the posts about our road trip, instead of a picture of our loaded-up Honda Accord (I've joked that my greatest accomplishment of the year was to pack our family of four for almost four weeks into a four-door sedan!) here's a photo of our AMAZING travellers! It must help that Paul looks up to his big brother, who sets a great example in the car!
Our first and briefest stop was to see our nephew Jack and to say "goodbye" to our friend Greg (not pictured), who has since moved to China.

No comments: