Sunday, August 24, 2008

Matching Pairs

One of the excellent things about our visit with the Vander Griends is that all 8 of us match up so well!
The gold medal in this event went to Doug and Lucas, who managed to drench Anthony and Micah!
Although it appeared at times like Team Vander Griend was going to win,
the final kick of Team Tongen was remarkable, thereby clinching the gold.
Like-fathers-like-sons, Micah and Lucas enjoy each other just as much!
Even though it was so cute to see Micah look like a little man (more specifically, like a little Anthony) I decided I'm not ready for him to be 16 yet.
Micah has continued to talk about how much fun he had with Lucas. He has said it was the highlight of the road trip for him.
Paul wants to be like the big boys, but thankfully he has caught his dad's love of the Vander Griends, too! Paul and Asher laugh together,
drum together,
holler together,
and splash together.
Yes, Susie and I match up beautifully, too, but of course we were the ones behind the cameras when she found fun things like a door just Paul's size. I treasure Susie, who is an amazingly talented friend.

No comments: